December 29, 2022
By Joe Pan
Top 5 ways VR can transform education, work, and social interactions in the future
1. Being in a large, open, outdoor environment in VR can lead to increased non-verbal synchrony, group cohesion, pleasure, arousal, presence, and enjoyment.
2. Using avatars can lead to increased non-verbal synchrony, feelings of being “in sync” with oneself and others, and increased group cohesion.
3. Using generic avatars (avatars that all look and dress alike) in VR can lead to increased feelings of anonymity and disinhibition.
4. VR can be used to create immersive learning experiences, especially when combined with physical activities.
5. VR can be used to facilitate virtual team building and group problem-solving as well as therapy for mental health treatment.
About the author
Joe Pan is the contributing editor at NFTmetta.com.